Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Water fun and Pony rides

Here's our little wild man! I think it looks like time for a hair cut!

Here's cool daddy in Dada's sunglasses!

This weekend we went to Jake's birthday party. Jake and Austen are the best of friends. We get together with them quite often for playdates. He turned 3 this weekend and had a great party with a pony. They had the pony for an hour for 9 kids to take turns and share. It worked out well, except for the fact that we could not get Austen to pet or ride the pony. He thought it was the coolest thing, but only from a distance. He loves animals so this was a shock for Adam and I. We kept asking him if he wanted to ride and he kept telling us no, but my friend Stacey asked him and he told her yes and walked to the pony with her and let her put him on. As soon as I got the camera out and ready he was reaching for her to get off the pony. I was really hoping he would ride, but he did not. Jaksen took his turn at riding the pony and absolutely loved it. He rode for about 10 minutes with not one fuss. He smiled the entire time. Austen's favorite part of the party was actually the cake. That boys heart belongs to cake. If there is cake in the area, he will find it and devour it. He ate two huge pieces of cake. He did not care about the ice cream that was offered, he just stood there watching and waiting for the cake to be cut and passed out. He is just like his Grandy (Nene) when it comes to cake! He loves him some cake!!


This little pony, "NO PROBLEM!"



This is all I could get of Austen on the pony. It was a quick entrance and exit!



Yesterday, I took both boys to the pool/splashpad that just opened last weekend. The splash pad is new and was pretty cool. We tried it out, but it did not go over to well with the boys. It was kind of overcast which made the water kind of cold to be in. I got Jaksen in it more than Austen. Of course Austen loved the pool though. He has really become a great swimmer. He is able to paddle and kick around with the help of some awesome floaties instead of Mom or Dad. We are going to get both boys in the second session of swimming lessons at Adam's work. It starts in July. Overall, the boys had a great time yesterday, but maybe it will be better when we go on a warmer day.

"Hmmmm, what do I have here that I can put in my mouth!?"




"Come over here and I'll get you with my big water gun!"



Come on brother, come with me please!


I'll just watch you from over here Jaksen!

0 comments: