Thursday, June 4, 2009

Crazy Week

This week has been kind of crazy in many ways to say the least. The big news of the week is that I am going back to teaching but only part time. I am going back to St. John School where I taught middle school Math before but only half day. They have worked with me so well on trying to make schedules work that I could not pass it up! I think it is going to be a great thing for our family. Both boys will go to a mother's day out program which is from 9:15-2:45 everyday. I will get to drop them off, go to school and teach for about 4 hours and go get them on time. How cool is that!!! I am very excited and the extra money. It will be nice. Adam got good news as well this week. He is finally going to get the raises that he was supposed to get when he got his promotion a few months ago. I am very happy for him and our family for that. He deserves it for the great work he does.

Both boys have found themselves in some funny sleeping predicaments this week. I guess they are just worn out from all the going we have done. Jaksen was laying on the floor and I started patting him and before I knew it he was asleep. He slept on the livingroom floor for about 30 minutes. Austen did not take a nap the other day and he did not want to eat his dinner, so we made him sit at the table. Adam and I went in the other room for about 10 minutes and came back to find him like this! I thought they made for some cute and funny pictures!!




Austen and I had the pleasure of having a date night last night. Austen's friend Jake, invited us to go to the musical Annie with him for his birthday. It was great, and Austen really loved all of the dancing and singing. He is my little music bug!! Just like the other Pollard men in our family! We had a great time, but I have never had Austen out so late. It started at 7:30 and did not end until 10:15. I don't think he minded staying up although I asked him if he was sleepy and wanted to go to bed and he actually told me yes. Needless to say, that pretty much never happens!! We snapped a few pictures together before we left! Isn't it cute!




While we were gone Jaksen and Daddy had some fun of their own. When I got home Adam showed me the fun with the following pictures!! Need I say more! All I could say was, "I can't believe you bathed my baby in the sink." And Adam just kept saying how much Jaksen loved it and how much fun he had with the squirter. Go figure that he would like that more than a normal bathtub. I must admit, he looks pretty cute in that sink though.




We are not going to work any this weekend like we did last weekend. We are going to relax and enjoy ourselves. We have a birthday party to go to and Bartlesville has their community festival this weekend. We are mainly going for the awesome food, plus this out of this world barbecue sauce that we bought there last year. Have a great weekend everyone and I will hopefully keep the posts coming!
By the way, thanks for the corn Nana and Grandy (Nene), I really enjoyed it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAAAAA ADAM GOT A RAISE!!! The picture of Austen sleeping at the table is hilarious! and priceless! Love the picture of you and Austen's date night- very cute..cute outfit too! Great post and ya'll have a fun weekend! Love you lots! ~Monica

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to say....when I first saw you say Adam also got good news this week...I took a breath and was hoping to see that ya'll were coming back to Texas, but then I thought...no she would have plastered that in all caps across the front if it was that good of news!! It will happen girl! ~Monica

Aunt Erin said...

Yea for the much deserved raise! Yea for going back to teach a little! Yea! Yea! Yea! The boys are growing up so much... Austen having his first late night out already! Geez! And Jaksen in the sink was too cute! Love it! Love the post! Doing GREAT, Cayce! Miss you guys!